Mr. Crane has handled a wide variety of admiralty and marine insurance matters as well as general casualty claims over the course of his 20 years of practice. He is an experienced litigator and trial attorney who has represented energy and marine companies and their underwriters in litigation matters in Louisiana and Texas, including matters involving marine casualty (Jones Act and Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act), environmental/toxic torts, collision/vessel damage, vessel arrests and seizures, insurance coverage, and indemnity issues.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Crane also provides general commercial advices to companies involved in the energy and marine industries. In this capacity, he has significant experience in drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts, including drilling contracts, operating agreements, charter agreements, and master service agreements.
Prior to joining The Miller Law Firm in 2013, Mr. Crane was a partner in a well respected law firm in New Orleans, where his practice focused primarily on the offshore oil and gas and maritime industries.
Mr. Crane is an active member of several local maritime organizations and has served as a member of the Board of Directors (2009-2012) of the Mariners Club of the Port of New Orleans and is its past President (2012). He also has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute.
Mr. Crane was born in San Antonio, Texas and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Emory University in 1991 and a Juris Doctor degree in 1995 from the University of North Carolina. He has practiced in the New Orleans area since his graduation from law school.
Bars & Courts:
• Louisiana Bar, 1995
• Texas Bar, 2016
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
• United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
• B.A., Emory University, 1991, Psychology
• J.D., University of North Carolina, 1995
• Louisiana Bar Association
• New Orleans Bar Association
• Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
• Mariners Club of the Port of New Orleans
• Maritime Law Association
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel