Mr. Hahn was born in Lubbock, Texas and raised in southern Illinois. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, cum laude, from Murray State University in 2003, and his Juris Doctor degree from Southern Illinois University in 2006. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Taxation from Southern Illinois University, which he earned, summa cum laude, in 2006. Mr. Hahn joined The Miller Law Firm in July 2009. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hahn practiced law with a large regional firm in its Gulfport, Mississippi office. During that time, he practiced with the firm’s admiralty and maritime section servicing the commercial and litigation needs of blue and brown water vessel owners, offshore drilling companies, terminal operators, and their underwriters.
Mr. Hahn’s practice involves both complex transactional and litigation matters. As a transactional and contract lawyer, Mr. Hahn has experience drafting and advising clients regarding all facets of maritime and general contracts pertaining to the inland marine, offshore maritime and oilfields, including general and master service agreements, a variety of transportation agreements, vessel purchase and financing contracts, master shipyard construction and repair agreements, and terminal storage and transfer agreements. Mr. Hahn also has experience providing opinions on state and local tax issues as well as employers federal income tax issues.
On the litigation side of his practice, Mr. Hahn handles admiralty and maritime matters including Jones Act and longshore claims, collisions, and maritime contracts both at the trial and appellate levels. He directly handled and assisted with several high profile real property damage claims following Hurricane Katrina. In addition, Mr. Hahn has successfully handled claims to the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund under the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
His areas of practice include Admiralty and Maritime law (Insurance, Litigation and Transactions); Business Law; Federal Estate and Gift Taxation; Federal Income Tax; Federal Income Tax Controversies, Litigation, and Appellate Practice.
Bars & Courts:
• Kentucky Bar, 2010
• Mississippi Bar, 2007
• Missouri Bar, 2008
• United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
• United States District Court for the Northern of Mississippi
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
• United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
• Kentucky Bar Association
• Mississippi Bar Association
• Missouri Bar Association
• McCracken County Bar Association
• Port of Paducah Propeller Club
Mr. Hahn and his wife, Millicent Nesbitt Hahn, have two sons and one daughter.